“User, you or your/s” refers to any person who makes use of this website.
By submitting your details and/or by using the website and/or services we provide and/or by registering an account, you are deemed to have read, understood, accepted, and agreed to be bound by all of our terms. You understand and explicitly consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information in the manner set out below.
Application of this policy
This policy applies to you if you are:
- a person, organisation or entity who has registered an account, to use our services and or products.
- a customer who has ordered our services or products; or
- a visitor to our website; or
- anyone who uses any services we provide;
What is Personal Information?
“Personal Information” means information which relates to an identified or identifiable natural person, and where applicable, an identifiable, existing juristic person, in particular by reference to an identifier factor such as a name, identification number, location data, online identifiers or other specific factors such as physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of a natural person.
- information that has been made anonymous so that it does not identify a specific person;
- permanently de-identified information that does not relate or cannot be traced back to you specifically;
- non-personal statistical information collected and compiled by us; and
- information that you have provided voluntarily in an open, public environment or forum, including any blog, chat room, community, classifieds or discussion board (because the information has been disclosed in a public forum, it is no longer confidential and does not constitute personal data subject to protection under this policy)
Data we collect about users
Firstly, ACM does not sell, trade, rent or otherwise provide your personal information to third parties, provided however, that such third parties do not include our subsidiaries, affiliates, licensees or partners. For example, our website hosting company, courier companies or other parties who assist us in operating or providing our services to you.
Identity Data, includes name, last name, username, title, date of birth, ID number
Personal information or Personal data means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data). We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about in order to provide our services to you which we have grouped together as follows:
Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
“Data Subject” means the person to whom the Personal information relates to.
Transaction Data includes details about your account, account history, activity, orders, knowledge, payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, services and products
Technical Data includes information about your use of our facilities, internet protocol (IP)address, your login data, browser type and version, date, time and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access our website or system.
Financial Data. We do not retain or store any credit card, bank or payment information.
Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences.
Data aggregation: is where raw data is gathered and expressed in a summary form for statistical analysis. For example, raw data can be aggregated over a given time period to provide statistics such as average, minimum, maximum, sum, and count.
Data anonymisation or anonymous data: where personal data is irreversibly altered in such a way that the subject’s personal identity can no longer be identified directly or indirectly.
Your duty to inform us of changes
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate, complete, current and not misleading. It is your responsibility to keep us informed of any changes to your personal information. You can also update your information on your account profile on the website.
You may only send us your own personal information or the information of another data subject where you have their express permission to do so.
Disclosures of your Personal Information
We will not sell, rent or provide your Personal Information to unauthorised entities or any other third parties (other than as provided herein) for their independent use, without your express consent. If we do not need the information anymore, we will delete any personal information held. If at any stage, after you have given us your consent, you no longer wish for us to use or share your Personal Information with an affiliate, you may withdraw your consent by sending us an email. However, your Personal Information may also be shared under the following circumstances:
- when required by the laws of the Republic of South Africa and in the public interest. In such instances, we reserve the right to disclose your Personal Information as required in order to comply with our legal obligations or duty, including but not limited to complying with court orders, warrants, subpoenas, service of process requirements, discovery requests or lawful criminal investigations;
- under special circumstances where we have reason to believe that such disclosure is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against a party who may be breaching this policy or our website terms and conditions or may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) our rights or property, other users, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities.
- We may have service providers that perform functions on our behalf, including hosting, content management, payments or billing, these entities may have access to personal information if necessary or useful to performance of their functions. If obtaining such access, these third parties will be subject to confidentiality and security obligations with respect to such data.
- credit bureaus to report account information, as permitted by law;
- banking partners as required by credit card association rules for inclusion on their list of terminated merchants (in the event that you utilise the services to receive payments and you meet their criteria);
- social media platforms when you use tools or functionality on our website provided by those platforms (such as "recommend" or "share" buttons)
We may need to disclose personal information to our employees that require the personal information to do their jobs. These include our responsible management, accounting, information technology, or other personnel. Any of our employees or personnel that handle your personal information will be subject to confidentiality agreements.
We may change the terms of this policy at any time by updating this web page. We will notify you of any changes by placing a notice in a prominent place on the website or by sending you an email detailing the changes that we have made and indicating the date that they were last updated. If you do not agree with the changes, then you must stop using the website and our goods or services. If you continue to use the website or our goods or services following notification of a change to the terms, the changed terms will apply to you and you will be deemed to have accepted those updated terms.
Data anonymisation and use of aggregated information
Your information may be converted into statistical or aggregated data in such a way as to ensure that you are not identified or identifiable from it. Aggregated data cannot be linked back to you as a natural person. We may use this data to conduct research and analysis, including to produce statistical research and reports.
Collecting your Personal Information
Once you register on our website, you will no longer be anonymous to us. You will provide us with certain personal information when you register on our website or purchase our products or services.
This personal information may include:
- your name and surname;
- your email address;
- your telephone number;
- your organisations or entities name;
- your postal address or street address; and
- your username and password.
We will use this personal information to fulfil your account, complete an order, provide additional services and information to you as we reasonably think appropriate, and for any other purposes set out in this policy.
Please note that other websites you visited before entering our website might place personal data within your URL during a visit to it, and we have no control over such websites. Accordingly, a subsequent website that collects URL information may log some personal data.
Processing Your Personal Information
Personal Information may be processed for our legitimate business interest and may include, but are not limited to:
- when you use or browse our website.
- when you complete the relevant forms on our website
- processing your account registration or renewal
- communicating with you on any issues relevant to your account or service
- when you purchase products or services
- supply the products and/or services you have requested and correspond with you in relation to their provision.
- perform administrative and business functions and internal reporting
- sending you information on relevant services, seminars, training and events.
You acknowledge and consent that all Personal Information processed by us may be stored by us.
How long do we keep your personal information?
We will only keep your personal data for as long as is necessary. The decision on the length of time which we will retain your personal information for will depend on the following criteria:
- Management of the services
- Contractual Requirements
- Legal requirements
Where we no longer need to process your Personal Information for these purposes, we will delete your Personal Information from our systems. We may retain some information for a period of time after you have closed your account with us, for instance if this is necessary to meet our legal obligations or to exercise, defend or establish legal rights. Anonymised statistical and aggregated information which cannot identify you will be retained for longer periods of time.
Our Services are not directed to persons under 18 (Eighteen). We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with personal information without such parent or guardian’s consent, he or she should contact us. If we become aware that a child under 18 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our files.
Links to other websites
We are not responsible for, give no warranties, nor make any representations in respect of the privacy policies or practices of any linked or third-party websites. So, it’s a good idea to make sure you refer to their privacy policies to ensure you know how they use your data.
We understand the value of your personal information and therefore will take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information from loss, misuse or unauthorised alteration or access. We have implemented reasonable security safeguards to protect the personal information that you provide. The personal information is stored in databases that have built-in safeguards to ensure the privacy and confidentiality of that information. However, the transmission of information via the internet or electronic mail is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our website or via electronic mail. Any transmission of your information to our website or via electronic mail is entirely at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will store it securely and only provide access to it by those who are authorised. As no system is perfect, we cannot guarantee that information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical or managerial safeguards.
When you use the services provided by us, you may be given a username and password. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy and confidentiality of your username and password. Please do not share your password with anyone.
In the event of a breach of security leading to the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure of, or access to, personal information, we shall promptly assess the risk to people’s rights and freedoms and if appropriate report this breach to the appropriate authorities and subjects as required by law.
Change of ownership
- If ACM is sold or merges in whole or in part with another business that would become responsible for providing the website or services to you, we retain the right to transfer your Personal Information and or any data or user content to the new business. The new business would retain the right to use your Personal Information according to the terms of this privacy notice as well as to any changes to this privacy notice as instituted by the new business.
- We also retain the right to transfer your Personal Information or user content if our company files for bankruptcy and some or all of our assets are sold to another individual or business.
Payments and Renewal.
By selecting our subscription services, you agree to pay ACM the one-time annual subscription fee indicated for the minimum 12-month period. The subscription will commence when the order is placed, and email confirmation is received and will terminate at the end of the annual subscription period. Subscription payments will be charged on the day you sign up and will cover the use of that service for the annual subscription period indicated. Payments are not refundable. You may renew the subscription at the then current fee, renewal notifications will be sent out prior to the renewal, and cancellations may be done before the renewal date.
You must provide us with a valid and current payment method. Such payment method must be a payment method that we accept. If your payment method is not valid for any reason (whether due to expiration, insufficient funds or otherwise), you remain responsible for any outstanding amounts (and such obligation shall survive any expiry or termination of this Agreement).
Renewal notifications will be sent out prior to the renewal, and cancellations may be done before the renewal date. Unless you notify ACM before the end of the applicable subscription period that you want to cancel the subscription, your subscription will automatically renew, and you authorise us to collect the then-applicable annual subscription.
Note that by default we operate on an end-of-term basis and, should you cancel the subscription service, the service will only be terminated at the end of your current subscription period. Renewal notifications will be sent out prior to the renewal, and cancellations may be done before the renewal date. If you want us to stop providing the services at the end of your minimum period (term), you will need to give us at least 30 days’ notice.
Please send your cancellation request email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We generally delete closed account information within 30 days of account closure, except as noted below.
We retain your personal data even after you have closed your account if reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations (including law enforcement requests), meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, maintain security, prevent fraud and abuse, enforce our User Agreement, or fulfil your request to “unsubscribe” from further messages from us. We will retain de-identified information after your account has been closed
Cookies are small text files that are placed onto your computer by websites and/or applications that you visit. Cookies are used to help us improve your experience when using our services.
The information we may collect from cookies enables us to:
- Tailor our website to your personal needs
- Remember the notifications that you have been shown, so that you have not shown them again
- Make improvements and updates to our websites based on the way you want to use them
We use the code "get. _anonymize IP (); “This results in Google shortening your IP address and allowing an anonymised evaluation. The reduction of IP addresses occurs within the EU or the European Economic Area. The IP address submitted by your browser as part of Google Analytics will not be merged with other Google data.
See the Google Privacy statement [https://policies.google.com/privacy] for more information.
In short, Google Analytics is used to collect usage stats about a website. So, it would tell how many users where on the website on a particular day, where they came from (Google, Social media etc), which pages they visited and how long they spent on the website. It does not collect any personally identifiable data about the user
- Ads can appear in News Feed on desktop, News Feed on mobile and in the Right Column of Facebook on desktop.
- Ad content is sometimes paired with news about social actions that your friends have taken, such as liking a Page.
- Your friends might see news about the social actions that you have taken in Facebook ads. This news will only be shown to your confirmed friends and will adhere to applicable privacy settings that you've set for your account. If a photo is used, it's your profile photo and not a photo from your photo albums.
- Facebook doesn't sell your info to advertisers.
- Facebook actively enforces policies that help protect your experience with third-party apps and ad network
(Please allow up to 7 working days for a response)